Proposal: tunable default/init label for MAC policies

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Wed Feb 12 11:50:44 UTC 2014

On Feb 11, 2014, at 6:27 PM, Andreas Jonsson wrote:

> Hi list,
> I think that being able to set the MAC process label from rc.conf would
> be a better and more flexible way of moving forward, so that modifying
> rc-scripts everywhere would be unnecessary.

For a "default" label, I think the right place is a tunable which can only be changed from
loader.conf, and can't be changed while the system is running.

Something different, of course, would be the option to assign a certain label
to a service, with a variable such as "apache24_maclabel" set in rc.conf. That
would be great as well, but it's an entirely different issue imho.  ;)

Borja.