OpenSSL static analysis, was: De Raadt + FBSD + OpenSSH + hole?

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Thu Apr 24 09:32:06 UTC 2014

In message <CAG5KPzyBSXFPzx6PZqu-9D9+ifn9ERNFc5Udxa4+sPJ2Fg3RSw at mail.gmail.com>
Ben Laurie <benl at freebsd.org> wrote:

>So where are your patches to fix these issues?

Moi?

Sorry.  I'm confused.  Was there something (anything) in or amongst
the comments I made have could have been construed or interpreted to
indicate that I personally was able to devote time to bugfixing on
these specific packages?

And more to the point, didn't I explicitly note that the OpenBSD dudes
are... according to published reports... already laboring away on a
slimed down and reorganized version of OpenSSL?  Why would I or anyone
else want to spend (waste?) time hacking on this until those guys release
a new, improved and altogether svelte new version?

Regards,
rfg