CVE-2014-0160?

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Fri Apr 11 13:10:48 UTC 2014

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014, sbremal at hotmail.com wrote:

> ext 65281 (renegotiation info, length=1)
> ext 00011 (EC point formats, length=4)
> ext 00035 (session ticket, length=0)
> ext 00015 (heartbeat, length=1) <-- Your server supports heartbeat. Bug is possible when linking against OpenSSL 1.0.1f or older. Let me check.
> Actively checking if CVE-2014-0160 works: Your server appears to be patched against this bug.
>
> Kösz! ;-)
>
> Is there any reason why nightly security patches are not enabled by default in FreeBSD?

Very easy to configure download and notification if you use
freebsd-update:
Add to /etc/crontab:

@daily                                  root    /usr/sbin/freebsd-update cron

In your daily e-mail log you can see, if any changes happened in the
freebsd-update reposity. Then you can decide when to up-date.
 	Regards,
 			Janos Mohacsi