FreeBSD Transient Memory problem?

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Thu Sep 12 19:54:03 UTC 2013

At 01:33 PM 9/12/2013, Jonathon Wright wrote:

>*Description of Finding:* Object reuse cannot be verified. The FreeBSD
>servers used have not been evaluated or certified by NIAP. As such, it
>cannot be verified that the operating system ensures transient memory
>cleansing (object reuse) features are in place.

Translation: The FreeBSD Project doesn't participate in, and hasn't paid
money to be certified by, a program run by the NSA... a shadowy government
agency which has been known to actively compromise security and spy on
citizens. We recommend that our clients move to a less secure OS so that their
systems can be spied upon and their security compromised.

--Brett Glass

P.S. -- For more on NIAP, see www.niap-ccevs.org. Note that this site will
deposit multiple tracking cookies in your browser which you may want to
delete after visiting it.