FreeBSD Transient Memory problem?

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 12 18:12:30 UTC 2013

On 9/13/13 1:49 AM, My Email wrote:
> My apologies, I have been replying too all, I hope that is the correct method.
>
> Anyway, that is very interesting information. I'd be extremely interested in information on customizing malloc and jemalloc. Let me know where to start. Thanks!

it's hard to know how to refute it because they don't explain WHAT
memory they are talking about.
there is NO OS in the world that can survive that test if they are
talking about protection from a malware kernel module.
On the other hand if they are just talking about user memory
allocation then of course we NEVER hand uncleared memory to anyone.
(even root). Ask them to tell you what memory they are talking about..
and if they want free memory in the pool to be clear then it wouldn't
take much to
add a module that zeros non vnode memory when it's handed back to the
kernel.

But for all we know they are talking about people stealing punch cards
and photographing them..