OpenSSH, PAM and kerberos

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Sep 3 11:27:04 UTC 2013

Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw at zxy.spb.ru> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
> > Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw at zxy.spb.ru> writes:
> > > And how in this case can be resolved situation with PAM credentials
> > > (Kerberos credentials in may case)?
> > The application does not need them.
> I need them. I need single sign-on, I need enter password only once,
> at login time and use this credentials to login to other host and use
> Kerberosed NFS w/o entering password.

The application does not need pam_krb5's temporary credential cache.  It
is only used internally.  Single sign-on is implemented by storing your
credentials in a *permanent* credential cache (either a file or KCM)
which is independent of the PAM session and the application.  The
location of the permanent credential cache is exported to the
application through the KRB5CCNAME environment variable.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no