Starting X11 with kernel secure level greater than -1/0.

ian ivy sidetripping at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:54:05 UTC 2011

Hi, is there any chance (if yes, how to do this?) to use the xf86
driver which "provides access to the memory and I/O ports of a
VGA board and to the PCI configuration registers for use by
the X servers when running with a kernel security level greater
than 0" in FreeBSD*?

Then it will be possible to start X environment with a kernel
secure level > 0, right? Normally it is impossible because of
/dev/kmem etc. access. It is default solution in OpenBSD, I guess.

Hmm, I see, that there is not xf86 in /dev directory, but...
I know, that there is already a couple of xf86 drivers (e.g.
xf86-video-nv, xf86-video-intel or libXxf86vm etc).
These drivers are not right/required/correct, right?

Of course I can change this level after system and X's start,
but it is not the point. Is there any solution?

Best regards! Ian.