dhclient and CVE-2011-0997...?

Robert Simmons rsimmons0 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 18:57:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:31 AM, Patrick Lamaiziere
<patfbsd at davenulle.org> wrote:
> FreeBSD uses the OpenBSD dhclient, not the ISC one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OpenBSD dhclient is a modified
version of the ISC one.  At least that is what the first few comments
that contain ISC's license at the top if the source code file seem to
say:
" * Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
 * The Internet Software Consortium.    All rights reserved."

Is the most recent bug in dhclient one of the ones that was fixed in
OpenBSD 7 years ago the way many security bugs are?

Rob