Recent GELI additions.

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 25 18:16:55 UTC 2010

Hi.

I'd like to inform about three new features in GELI available in HEAD:

1. AES-XTS encryption. XTS mode is a standard that is recommended these
   days for storage encryption. This is the default now. AES-XTS support
   was also added to opencrypto framework and aesni(4) driver.

2. Multiple encryption keys. GELI will use one encryption key for at
   most 2^20 blocks (sectors), as it is not recommended to use the same
   encryption key for too much data. It generates keys array from the
   master key on attach and uses it accordingly. This is the default now.

3. Passphrase can now be loaded from a file (-J and -j options).