8.1 Heimdal KDC

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Thu Sep 9 09:58:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010, 20:02 -0700, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> Could somebody please confirm that they are actually using 8.1-R with
> heimdal as a KDC successfully?  A little confirmation would help me greatly.

I have 8.1-RELEASE running (base system) KDC's on three servers here.
The master uses hprop to replicate to the slaves.  The version of
Heimdal on 8.1-RELEASE is Heimdal 1.1.0

Not all of the Heimdal man pages are installed on FreeBSD.  I have found
that hunting through man pages under /usr/src/crypto/heimdal helped me
with compatibility issues between the Heimdal implementations on FreeBSD
7.n (Heimdal 0.6.3) and FreeBSD 8.n (Heimdal 1.1.0) - particularly the
COMPATIBILITY section in /usr/src/crypto/heimdal/lib/gssapi/gssapi.3

--
John Marshall