seeking current supported crypto co-processors

Ricky Charlet RCharlet at adaranet.com
Fri Sep 3 05:52:26 UTC 2010

Howdy,
   <this messages is cross posted in freebsd-security and freebsd-net>

        I'm seeking current cryptographic coprocessors supported in FreeBSD 8.x.  By perusing through the crypto-dev (and subsequently referenced) man page(s) I found this list:
Hifn 7751/7951/7811/7955/7956 crypto accelerator
SafeNet 1141/1741
Bluesteel 5501/5601
Broadcom bcm5801/5802/5805/5820/5821/5822/5823/5825

        Those are all pretty old (and in some cases, no longer existent). I'm surveying these lists to see if anyone knows of more modern chips working with FreeBSD 8.x. Or if you feel some chip on the list above is up to the task of near about 1 Gb throughput across a PCIe and has friendly vendor support for FreeBSD, I'd sure like to hear about that too.

---
Ricky Charlet
Adara Networks
USA 408-433-4942