portaudit

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Mon Jul 26 12:25:09 UTC 2010

On 2010-Jul-25 13:06:30 -0500, ajtiM <lumiwa at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi!
> portaudit -a shows:
>
>Affected package: mDNSResponder-214
>Type of problem: mDNSResponder -- corrupted stack crash when parsing bad
>resolv.conf.
>Reference:
><http://portaudit.FreeBSD.org/1cd87e2a-81e3-11df-81d8-00262d5ed8ee.html>
>3 problem(s) in your installed packages found.
>
>You are advised to update or deinstall the affected package(s) immediately.
>
>Do I need to deinstall those ports or is safe anyway?

For maximum safety, you should update or uninstall the specified packages.

Alternatively, you could follow the reference links and determine
whether the particular vulnerabilities apply to your particular
situation.  This obviously requires a greater level of skill and
reviewing if the situation changes.

--
Peter Jeremy