Allegations regarding OpenBSD IPSEC

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Dec 15 12:48:41 UTC 2010

On 12/15/2010 6:36 AM, Andy Kosela wrote:

> Some of you probably already read this:
>
>  http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129236621626462&w=2
>
> Interesting...I wonder what is the impact of all this on FreeBSD code.
> We may very well suppose that any government or corporation funded code
> can theoretically have some kind of backdoor inside.

Seems possible. However, not very probable IMHO.  As others have said,
would the guy really have a 10yr NDA, afterwords which would allow him
to post such details ? Seems rather silly on that alone.  The further
unfortunate thing about this is that any number of potential
implementation bugs can now be clouded in conspiracy theory.

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129237675106730&w=2

Hell, if people believe 9/11 was all staged, ipsec backdoors are a no
brainer.  I can see it now. The next bug that is found in the crypto
system or network stack will draw a flood of discussion. "Is this the
back door??"

Seems to be getting industry reporting too

http://napps.networkworld.com/news/2010/121510-former-contractor-says-fbi-put.html?hpg1=bn

	---Mike