OPIE considered insecure

Rich Healey healey.rich at itreign.com
Sun Mar 1 15:46:45 PST 2009

I've been reading this thread with great interest. At present my primary
server is ssh keys only, which is all well and good, to login I bounce to a
node that allows passwords and then to my server, but this is still not
ideal. It just eliminates a very small attach surface.

I'm thinking about implementing OPIE, but after reading this I'm not so
sure. What's consensus on the best approach to one time logins?