bsd.security.see_other_uids affecting netstat?

Marc Silver marcs at draenor.org
Thu Dec 3 10:18:53 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

Please forgive if this is a bit of a noob question

I noticed that when the bsd.security.see_other_uids sysctl is set to 0, the
netstat command gives no output for users (non-root).

I can't find any mention of this in any documentation ... is this
intentional?

Cheers,
Marc

--
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.