Increase in SSH attacks as of announcement of rtld bug

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Dec 2 01:50:56 UTC 2009

At 08:44 PM 12/1/2009, Brett Glass wrote:
>At 12:09 PM 12/1/2009, Mike Tancsa wrote:
>
>>http://isc.sans.org/trends.html
>>and
>>http://isc.sans.org/port.html
>>
>>Do not seem to show any increase.
>
>Do those stats account for the fact that the attackers may first be
>fingerprinting servers to see if they're running FreeBSD?

No idea. But looking at the logs of various hosts targeted by
distributed scanners that hit my network, they dont seem to be that
intelligent. There is no reason it couldnt be done, but I havent seen
it yet here anyways.

         ---Mike

>--Brett

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike