ports/128999: [vuxml] [patch] update audio/streamripper to 1.64.0, fix CVE-2008-4829

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 25 06:43:26 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:49:33PM +0300, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Matthew, good day.
>
> Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:51:42AM +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> > Jason Stone wrote:
> >
> > > If people really would like to see these kind of notifications (i.e.,
> > > security-related PRs for ports) in mailing-list format, I think that a
> > > separate mailing list would be appropriate (e.g.,
> > > freebsd-security-ports@).
> >
> > There's already a freebsd-vuxml@ list which hasn't seen any traffic
> > for a long time...
>
> Wow, thanks for information!  So, I think I'll now CC my PRs to that
> list.  But the question is: should I leave freebsd-security@ in the CC
> or people prefer not to see them here.  Posting PRs to the dead list
> isn't a very good idea, you know, but (<dreaming...>) may be the list
> will be resurrected with my postings.

The vuxml list is a much better place for this, based upon the
description of the list:

"entries in the FreeBSD VuXML document (new submissions, modifications,
style, and so on)"

> Since freebsd-security is said to be "high-signal, low-noise
> discussion", then I'll refrain from CC'ing it for now, but if there will
> be any interest -- I can add CC back.

While I echo earlier statements about the appreciation for your work I
do believe that the vuxml list is a more appropriate place to CC your
submissions, if you feel the need to CC something.  As someone who
actively looks at incoming PRs I don't think you need to CC anything,
but if you have to then the vuxml list is a better fit than this.

-- WXS