freebsd and snort

Nigel Houghton nigel at sourcefire.com
Tue May 27 12:41:58 UTC 2008

On 5/27/08 2:51 AM, "gahn" <ipfreak at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I tried to install snort under /usr/ports/security and have some problems.
> with "make all", I checked every item on the menu but I got error messages:
>
> //////////////////////////////
>
> laptop# make all
> ===>  snort-2.8.1_1 is marked as broken: FLEXRESP2 patch file does not
> incorporate cleanly.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/security/snort.
>
> ///////////////////////////////
>
> tried "make distclean" and it didn't seem to help to clear the problem. Looked
> at the timestamps on the files and I don't see any files modified by the
> command "make all"
>
> could anyone help me on this?

1. This is not a question for FreeBSD Security although, I can see why you
might think so

2. Do not cross post

3. Did you try to contact the port maintainer or file a bug report? (the
port needs updating anyway)

Having said all that, I don't know why flexresp2 is needed for a plain snort
build.

--
Nigel Houghton
Resident Hooligan