BIND update?

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Jul 9 23:45:24 UTC 2008

	Well as a developer of BIND I will tell you that my development
	platform is FreeBSD.

FreeBSD drugs.dv.isc.org 6.3-STABLE FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE #19: Fri Apr 25 13:07:00 EST 2008     marka at drugs.dv.isc.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DRUGS  i386

	If Doug hasn't already updated the ports to use the -P1 I
	would expect him to do so shortly.  Or you could all do it
	yourselves.  It really is not that hard.  Just check the
	PGP signatures on the tarball when you make the new checksums
	for the port.

	As for updating the base.  There is still time to do this
	without panicing.  Dan's method has not been released.

	Remember the only real solution to cache poisoning is to
	deploy DNSSEC.  You can go out and do your part of that
	today.  If you really cared about DNS security you would
	have done it already.  It isn't that hard.  Just use the
	defaults.

	http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/docs/DNSSEC_in_6_minutes.pdf

	Talk to your member(s) of parliment about getting the root
	signed and your cctld signed (only 4 have been signed last
	time I checked).  If .SE and .BR can do it then your cctld
	can do it.  ORG is in the process of getting DNSSEC added.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org