Tracking user's activity

Anjang Aki mailman.msc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 11:44:39 PST 2008

Greetings,

I've been looking for a proper way to to track down user's activity
inside the shell as I'm helping my colleague to configure a web
hosting and shell hosting server.

Someone have referred me to this article --
http://bsdtips.utcorp.net/mediawiki/index.php/Snoop which is using
'watch' commands to view user's activity once they logged in to the
server

I found that this 'watch' utility is very useful and are able to
fulfill my needs but I can only be able to watch the activity once I'm
logging to the server at the time the users are logging in.

Is there is any way that logging user's activity can be done without a
need for me to login at the server at the same time? Perhaps the
activity can be logged into a file and I can read it later.

Or is there is any other utility I can use just to monitor user's
activity as the server is misused by a user previously and I don't
want it to happen again in the future.

Best regards,

--
-- Anjang Aki --