missing Advisory at ftp.freebsd.org

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 21 10:34:47 PDT 2007

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Colin Percival wrote:

> Olli Hauer wrote:
>> I am missing the advisory for openssl at ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/CERT/
>
> We stopped uploading advisories there because we kept on running into
> problems with ftp mirrors being out of date, while have complete control
> over the security.freebsd.org webserver and can make sure files are there
> before we send out the advisory.

Sounds like we should remove this from ftp-master so it stops being
replicated, or at least put a note there about it being historic.  Any
preference on which?  It would be easy for me to put a warning and redirection
at the top of README or rename CERT to CERT.old.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge