Getting GELI Keys from Floppy

Jack Barnett jackbarnett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 08:29:17 PDT 2006

That's a really good idea. - Removable media with key (so you can take it
out for security reasons) and using a key so don't have to type in a
passphrase each time.

btw, is there any good document on GELI?

One idea is having 1 server with a CD-ROM drive and exporting it via NFS.
When a server boots it mounts the remote CD-ROM drive and looks for key
"$HOSTNAME.key".

CDs are reliable - hold a good amount of data (enough for lots of keys) and
can be removed and taken with you.

-J