[fbsd] HEADS UP: FreeBSD 5.3, 5.4, 6.0 EoLs coming soon

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Wed Oct 11 03:20:11 PDT 2006

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 12:30:22AM -0700, FreeBSD Security Officer wrote:
> Users of FreeBSD 4.11 systems are also reminded that that FreeBSD 4.11
> will reach its End of Life at the end of January 2007 and that they
> should be making plans to upgrade or replace such systems.

Though I admit RELENG_4 is getting dusty, it is not rusty.  I believe it
is still used in many places because of its stability and performance.

For instance, according to Julian Elischer's posts, it seems he is still
working on it.

Is it envisageable to extend the RELENG_4's and RELENG_4_11's EoL once
more ?

Thank you.
Regards,
--