Jails and loopback interfaces

Axel Scheepers ascheepers at vianetworks.nl
Wed Mar 8 12:07:10 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 13:02 -0300, Ricardo A. Reis wrote:
> Hi Cyril,
>
> For access loopback inside the jail, is necessary configure in host server
> alias for loopback and start jail using loopback.
> Remember loopback address is all 127/8 !

I just recently tried jails but I thought 127.0.0.1 would be mapped to
the jails ip-address, which eventually gets mapped to the ip specified
in the parameter or rc.conf. I could be wrong though although my
test-jail setup confirms this on 6.1-PRERELEASE:
test-jail# telnet localhost 22
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.