HEADS UP: Krb5-1.5

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Thu Jul 6 14:25:13 UTC 2006

In message <200607051539.k65FdRet034238 at cwsys.cwsent.com>, Cy Schubert
writes:
> There is an issue with the new Kerberos 1.5. It does not currently support
> building static libraries. I'm willing to leave the port at 1.4.3 until MIT
> fixes the static library build. OTOH, if folks want 1.5, without static
> library support, the 1.5 port is ready to commit. I may update the port to
> build 1.5 if static libraries are not wanted and build 1.4.3 if they are
> wanted. Static libraries are not a high priority for the Kerberos project
> at the moment.

There is no simple solution to the problem. Now that Kerberos supports plugins, static linking is no longer supported, at least not until the Kerberos development team has thought through the issue of how to handle plugins in a statically linked environment. I will commit the krb5 1.5 upgrade to the port as soon as I finish up the pkg-plist.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>

			e**(i*pi)+1=0