Upcoming Tripwire Port Upgrade
Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Mon Feb 13 10:14:26 PST 2006
I have an updated tripwire port which I'd like to release for testing prior
to replacing the existing and currently broken tripwire port. I've tested
it under the upcoming 6.1, which it seems to work well in my test
environment and will commence testing under 4.11-STABLE, the upcoming 5.5,
The things that are on my todo list are:
- Fully test under 4.11-STABLE.
- Fully test under 5.5-*.
- Implement it into production in my 6.1-* environments (just prior to
- Fully test under 7.0-CURRENT.
- The pkg-plist appears to be correct though I do want to test that
piece a little more rigorously.
- The database build is currently part of the port post-install however
I want to move that part of the install into the package install
so that this port can be distributed via binary package as well.
- Finally when all is done, commit it before the February 20 ports change
Any and all testing would be greatly appreciated.
A copy of the port can be found at http://komquats.com/~cy/tripwire-port-060
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>
Web: http://www.komquats.com and http://www.bcbodybuilder.com
FreeBSD UNIX: <cy at FreeBSD.org> Web: http://www.FreeBSD.org
BC Government: <Cy.Schubert at gov.bc.ca>
"Lift long enough and I believe arrogance is replaced by
humility and fear by courage and selfishness by generosity
and rudeness by compassion and caring."
-- Dave Draper
More information about the freebsd-security