Need urgent help regarding security

Matt Piechota piechota at argolis.org
Tue Nov 22 15:52:04 PST 2005

On Tue, November 22, 2005 2:12 pm, Arne Wörner wrote:
> Ceterum censeo: Finger prints make everything worse (not just for
> thiefs, who have to wear gloves nowadays), because I have heard of
> a case, where a robber took away the ring-finger of his victim,
> because his victim was unable to get off the ring (published in
> german TV by a governmental broadcasting carrier (ZDF) in
> "Aktenzeichen XY ... noch nicht gelöst" (which translates to "case
> number XY ... not solved yet")). There has been a case near
> Kiel,SH,F.Rep.Germ, where the robber became a killer, because the
> victim refused to give 10USD, that belonged to his employer.

Or, to start your car:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/04/fingerprint_merc_chop/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4396831.stm

Plus, as soon as breaks the key encrypting your fingerprint, they can re-use
it.  And it's not like you can change your fingerprints after they're
comprimised.

--
Matt Piechota