HOW TO Enable IPSec for FreeBSD.......???

mohan chandra mohanchandra_01 at yahoo.co.in
Tue May 17 06:45:39 PDT 2005

Hi,

     I have tried to enable IPSec support for my
FreeBSD( 4.11-RELEASE) system.
First, I copied the generic kernel configuration file
to a file I called MYKERNEL:

#cp /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/MYKERNEL

Then, I added the following three lines to the options
 section of /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/MYKERNEL:

options         IPSEC
options         IPSEC_ESP
options         IPSEC_DEBUG

After that I recompile the kernel with the following
command:

# cd /usr/src
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=IPSEC && make
installkernel KERNCONF=IPSEC

And also installed IKE support on my system with the
following command using racoon:

cd /usr/ports/security/racoon
make install clean

Afterall completion of build, still IPSec support is
not appearing in the system. Suggest me,is there any
configuration or modifications need to be done?

Please, anyone give me some suggestion to enable IPSec
support on FreeBSD.
Any Help will be very much appeciated..

Thanx,

Regards,