FreeBSD trusted execution system: beta testers wanted

Christian S.J. Peron csjp at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 19 15:27:03 PST 2005

All

Thanks for all the input. I have updated the code as per some of the comments
which came in around testing. The following changes were made:

-modify setfhash/getfhash to use the filename of the pathname portion.
 this will un break set/getfhash if it was invoked using ./ or the complete
 pathname.

-the kernel implementation of setfhash was a bad idea. It used to use
 the utimes syscall. This especially caused problems with various port
 or source builds on NFS file systems exiting with EIO or various other
 errors. I replaced the kernel implementation with a sysctl, and modified
 the setfhash utility to use this instead.

-add additional printf's to tell people where/why things went wrong. It
 should be noted that these printfs are only executed if the module is
 compiled with DEBUG set. (See the Makefile).

-change Makefiles and file locations to be more consistent with the
 system build practices.

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PATCHED YOUR KERNEL SKIP THE KERNEL PATCH/REBUILD

cd /usr/src/sys
fetch http://www.freebsd.org/~csjp/mac/mac_vnode_mmap.1106783302.diff
patch < mac_vnode_mmap.1106783302.diff

# REBUILD YOUR KERNEL