mijail- Multiple IP's in a Jail

Dmitry Frolov frolov at riss-telecom.ru
Thu Jul 14 15:17:57 GMT 2005

* r2bit at neti.ee <r2bit at neti.ee> [13.07.2005 22:28]:

> Check out http://blog.mombe.org/systems/mijail5.html?seemore=y. It worked for my
> 5.3. But keep in mind that there's no perfect solution yet - this mentioned
> patch ruins the DNS.

I have a patch updated for 5.3 that also seem to fix outgoing UDP problem:

ftp://ftp.riss-telecom.ru/pub/patches/fbsd53b7-mijail.diff

I'm running with this patch for more than half a year. Not tried on 5.4 yet.

> > I have searched around the lists and Google and found this
> >
> > HYPERLINK
> > "http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/jail_2004120901.patch"http://people.
> > freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/jail_2004120901.patch
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone know of a multiple IP patch that works with
> > FreeBSD 5.4
> > I really do not understand why this is not included in the standard jail
> > I mean sure jail is handy for such things as small daemons
> > But what about the applications such as a shell server
> > Or a web server
> > They require multiple IP&#8217;s and the thought of running a jail for every
> shell
> > account 32+ IP&#8217;s
> > That is extremely far fetched.

    wbr&w, dmitry.
--
Dmitry Frolov <frolov at riss-telecom.ru>
RISS-Telecom Network, Novosibirsk, Russia