debugging encrypted part of isakmp

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Fri Jan 14 06:44:25 PST 2005

on 14.01.2005 16:07 Bruce M Simpson said the following:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 11:54:36AM +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> man 8 isakmpd:
>
> %%%
>      -L      Enable IKE packet capture.  When this option is given, isakmpd
>              will capture to file an unencrypted copy of the negotiation pack-
>              ets it is sending and receiveing.  This file can later be read by
>              tcpdump(8) and other utilities using pcap(3).
> %%%

The problem is it is not isakmpd.
Here's more information: I am trying to reverse-engineer asymmetric
xauth/mode cfg exchange between third-party VPN/ipsec client and server.
I know all configuration parameters for both, but I don't have any
access to internal workings. At this point, I also have too little
information to successfully emulate either side, but I know what phase1
mode they use and what key material they have.
So, I am looking for the easiest way to decrypt isakmp packets using
both packet data and information like pre-shared keys, certificates etc.

--
Andriy Gapon