update for 4.11 Security Officer-supported branches

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 10 05:22:38 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 04:39:40PM -0800, Christopher McCrory wrote:
> Hello...
>
> 	In regards to http://www.freebsd.org/security/ , from what I understand
> the FreeBSD 4.x branch is generally winding down in favor of the 5.x/6.x
> branches.  It would be nice to know ahead of time if 4.11 will also be
> an extended release, or if that would fall to 4.12.  For those of
> running 4.8 (expiring about the same time as 4.11 is released) we would
> be in a better position to know where to upgrade; 4.10 or 4.11.

Hi Christopher,

Upgrade to FreeBSD 4.11.  It will be supported through January 31, 2007.
In all likelihood, there will not be a FreeBSD 4.12.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A Vidrine / NTT/Verio
nectar at celabo.org / jvidrine at verio.net / nectar at FreeBSD.org