OpenSSL tools are not installed

Rob MacGregor freebsd.macgregor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 02:12:38 PST 2005

On Sunday, December 11, 2005 5:50 PM when we last met our heroes,
 Simon Barner <mailto:barner at FreeBSD.org> was heard to say:
> I know about the _2 update, I am the maintainer of the port,
> and I have
> committed the fix. My email was about the fact that c_rehash is not
> available if you don't have the base system sources
> installed. c_rehash
> is needed if you want to add certificates that are not signed
> by one of
> the root authorities whose certificates are available form
> security/ca-roots.

<Quickly hides evidence of own stupidity>

Ah, yes.  I came across that part of the problem myself.

I think my only comment to your suggestion (creating a separate port and
removing c_rehash from security/openssl) would be to ensure that the same path
was used by both the base and the port.  As it is right now it's a bit of a
mess:

base - /etc/ssl/certs
c_rehash from source tree - /usr/local/ssl/certs
security/openssl - /usr/local/openssl/certs
security/ca-roots - /usr/local/share/certs

That's 4 different paths from the bits I know about.  Goodness knows about those
I don't know about.

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!