bug? in making security/isakmpd

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 11 09:38:10 PST 2005

On 2005.12.11 18:13:20 +0100, Zahemszky Gábor wrote:

> There is a little problem in the security/isakmpd port. There are some
> gen*.sh scripts in it, which generate some C header (and src) files.
> These scripts are using awk, tr, etc - some generic UNIX tools. One of
> the tools has problems with some localisations, so these scripts
> generate incorrect C-code. Eg, I have Hungarian localisation set, so I
> have the following in my environ:
>
> LANG=hu_HU.ISO8859-2

Yes, this is a known problem with the isakmpd build code which I
unfortunately haven't gotten around to fixing.  AFAIR it also fails
with German locale.  I suspect the simple fix is to set LC_ALL=C in
the build environment for the port.

> I think the real problem is the bug in tr/awk - maybe somebody has to
> look at it, too.

Without having looked at the details, I think it's more likely that
the isakmpd build scripts misuses tr/awk, e.g. doing something like
'tr [a-z] [A-Z] ' to upper case a string (should be 'tr [:lower:]
[:upper:]').

--
Simon L. Nielsen