OpenSSL tools are not installed

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 11 08:24:20 PST 2005

Erik Trulsson wrote:
> > So, is there a reaon why the scripts are not installed, or was it just
> > an oversight?
>
> One reason is probably that c_rehash is a Perl script, and Perl is not
> included in the base system, so you would not be able to run the script
> anyway without first installing Perl.

Good point... :-) So, I'd opt for creating a security/openssl-tools port
(and removing c_rehash from security/openssl). That way OpenSSL from the
base system and from the ports would match a bit more.

[Cc'ing dinox@, the openssl port maintainer]

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de