OpenSSL tools are not installed

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 11 07:12:25 PST 2005

Rob MacGregor wrote:
> On Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:21 PM when we last met our heroes,
>  owner-freebsd-security at freebsd.org <> was heard to say:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just had some issues with unvalidated certificates after
> > the update of the mail/fetchmail port.
>
> Which update?  AFAIK 6.3.0_2 should solve that (certainly it did for me, and the
> whole point of that update was to solve the problem you (and I) saw.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear: I meant the initial update from
fetchmail-6.2.5.2_4 to fetchmail-6.3.0 which introduced these warnings.

> You'd probably have had more response if you'd posted this to -ports, given that
> it is an issue with the ports :)

No, my it's a problem with the base system because the c_rehash tool is
not installed (the security/openssl port does this). If I don't get a
response here, I'll move this thread to -current.

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de