newbie with www user security problem

Arne Wörner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 16:12:30 GMT 2005

--- Ken Hawkins <ken at rosewoodblues.com> wrote:
> well here i come port fix hell! This is a production box
> and can't be taken off line as of this moment so i am
> going to have to attempt on the fly fixing / upgrading
> of the ports.  i would love to wipe it but it is just
> not a possibility right now.

What about this plan (I call it alan-parson-project):
1. installing everything to a cold-standby box (new box)
2. testing if everything would work fine... :-)
(3. tranfering the database)
4. halting the production system
(5. transfering the brand new database updates)
6. making the new box the old box (by changing the IP or DNS or
so)...

-Arne

--
Arne likes Austin Powers and Mr. Anderson's black thumb nail in
The Matrix... ;-))