IPSEC l2tpd and Windows shares problem

Vicky Shrestha mail at vickysh.wlink.com.np
Sun Apr 17 01:32:32 PDT 2005

Dear all,

I am running IPSEC and l2tpd in FreeBSD 4.9.

I am able to connect from WindowsXP to this FreeBSD box . I am also able to
ping the Hosts behind the IPSEC gateway, connect to internal ftp servers,
browse intranet websites etc.

However I am not able to browse network shares (windows and samba both). It
does prompts for Username/password when we try to access directly , but it
will never show the network shares.

If I connect to a linux IPSEC gateway  using  rp-l2tp there is no problem.

/usr/local/etc/l2tp/l2tpd.conf
====================================
[global]
port = 1701

[lns default]
ip range = 192.168.0.129 - 192.168.0.254
local ip = 192.168.0.2
hostname = freebsdipsec
name = freebsdipsec
ppp debug = yes
pppoptfile = /usr/local/etc/l2tp/options.l2tpd
=======================================
/usr/local/etc/l2tp/options.l2tpd
=======================================
noauth
proxyarp
lcp-echo-interval 30
lcp-echo-failure 6
ms-dns 192.168.0.3
ms-dns 192.168.0.4
ms-wins 192.168.0.6
crtscts
idle 1800
mtu 1400
mru 1400
lock
nodetach
debug

Note: the IP address of the Private Interface is 192.168.0.1/24

--
With regards,

Vicky Shrestha