openssh version

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.ORG
Fri Sep 24 08:59:05 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, John Hay wrote:

> Well I can accept your argument for -stable, although bigger changes has
> gone in -stable in the past, but what about -current? My -current boxes
> also still claim: "sshd version OpenSSH_2.9 FreeBSD localisations
> 20011202"  And this is the problem, if we don't have -current upgraded
> we have little chance in getting wrinkles out and very little chance of
> it going in -stable.
>
> Also maybe we should think again about all our local changes and if all
> of them are really necesary. If we can ditch some, that will also make
> it a lot easier to upgrade.

Funny, my -CURRENT boxes claim:

    SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 FreeBSD-20040419

I might check that you're using the version shipped with FreeBSD rather
than a package-installed version, and that your sshd configuration doesn't
include a line to indicate the older version number.

robert at fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research