portaudit

Peter C. Lai sirmoo at cowbert.2y.net
Tue Mar 16 23:00:53 PST 2004

Any reason why portaudit and its associated infrastructure was not announced to
this list or security-notifications? I recently discovered it, and discovered
the feature was added to bsd.port.mk in the beginning of feburary. Seeing as
the security officer apparently (without announcement) no longer issues
security notices (SNs) for ports, I am assuming that portaudit has replaced
SNs entirely, and that we should rely on that for ports operational security?
I'm not subscribed to -ports, -questions, or -current, which were apparently
where the portaudit introduction discussions took place.

--
Peter C. Lai
University of Connecticut