[Freebsd-security] Re: FreeBSD SecurityAdvisoryFreeBSD-SA-04:04.tcp

Patrick Proniewski patpro at patpro.net
Wed Mar 3 02:10:49 PST 2004

On 03 mars 2004, at 11:01, hugle at vkt.lt wrote:

> But as it is said, that you need to patch or cvsup the kernel source,
> rebuild kernel, and reboot.
> Is there any way to do such thing without rebooting?

you might be able to unload a module and load a patched module, but
when it comes to the kernel, you have no other choice than to reboot

By the way, the process is really fast and painless. I've cvsuped my
sources and made buildkernel / installkernel last night on my internet
gateway, and finally rebooted. The reboot was so fast that my computer
behind this gateway didn't even lose it's IRC session.

patpro
--
je cherche un poste d'admin-sys Mac/UNIX
(ou une jeune et jolie femme riche)