pam_chroot

Nick Twaddell nick at webspacesolutions.com
Tue Jan 13 10:19:33 PST 2004

I do have PrivilegeSeparation off :(

Whats the next idea? :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Pentchev [mailto:roam at ringlet.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 8:50 AM
To: Nick Twaddell
Subject: Re: pam_chroot

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 01:24:18AM -0800, Nick Twaddell wrote:
> Hey Peter,
> Yes I have all those files in my /home/user/etc/ dir
>
> -su-2.05b# pwd
> /home/nick/etc
> -su-2.05b# ls
> group         master.passwd passwd        pwd.db        spwd.db
>
> attached is the list of files you requested.

All of this looks fine...  Could you try turning off the 'privilege
separation' feature of OpenSSH, as per Dag-Erling's suggestion in
another message?  Edit your /etc/sshd_config file, find the line that
says 'PrivilegeSeparation', uncomment it if needed, and make sure it
says 'off'.  After that, restart your master sshd server, e.g. using
the following command:

  kill -HUP `cat /var/run/sshd.pid`

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at sbnd.net    roam at FreeBSD.org
I had to translate this sentence into English because I could not read the