pam_chroot

Nick Twaddell nick at webspacesolutions.com
Tue Jan 13 00:38:02 PST 2004

Has anyone got the pam_chroot module to successfully work in FreeBSD?  I
have FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE installed.  I copied the appropriate binaries and
libraries into my chroot, I can chroot -u test -g test /home/test
/usr/local/bin/bash and it works perfectly.  So now I am trying to get the
pam module to work.  I added
session                required        pam_chroot.so           debug
into the /etc/pam.d/sshd file.  I changed my passwd file so my home dir is
/home/test/./

when I try to login as that user, it just kicks me right now.  There are no
errors in the log :(

Connection to wp1 closed by remote host.
Connection to wp1 closed.

Maybe someone in here can help.

Nick

--------