Darkstat

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Sat Feb 28 14:58:57 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 07:36:05PM +0100, Peter Rosa wrote:
> Or is there some other tool, which can measure in/out traffic and send
> output to another machine ? I know MRTG, but it uses SNMP I do not know to
> work with.

I'm not familiar with Darkstat; I have some patches for trafd to implement
SNMP support (per-host statistics pollable via SNMP), which I plan to
port to bpft as it fixes many of the bugs present in trafd.

I currently use a combination of Cricket, rrdtool and net-snmp to produce
these kinds of statistics for routers on an interface basis, albeit running
on the same machine for expendiency (we have a very small scale setup).

BMS