traffic normalizer for ipfw?

Bruno Afonso bruno at mrna.ist.utl.pt
Thu Feb 26 06:43:43 PST 2004

Darren Reed wrote:

> normalizing is over rated as a firewall feature - it's really
> something that belongs in IDS software.
>

>>We're looking at bringing pf into the tree.
>

> For what benefit you have to wonder...

It's BSD licensed. It's nicely integrated with altq that will also
hopefully come into the tree. That alone is worth it, let alone other
nice features. And yes, users like this features and that's something
you are going to have to live with.

Please stop this pf bashing you are fond of and stop thinking you know
what others like/want in a firewall. Choice is a great thing, respect that.

BA

--
Bruno Miguel Afonso
Biological Eng. student