need some advice on connections logs

Bob Ababurko ababurko at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 10 16:02:07 PST 2004

Hello-

What is the best way to deal with getting logs for someone attacking my
box?  I am not really sure, but I think it may involve tcpdump.  Is
there any way to implement this so that it can be running before an
attack happens?.....see the problem is, that I do not have physical
access to the box and if it is taken down(unaccessible by remote means),
I cannot log in to start a dump.  What can I do in this case, or what
are my options, if I want to have the network connections dumped somehow
with no intervention?....is that a tall order?

Thanks,
Bob