what was that?

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 31 12:04:50 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 12:29:59PM -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> Oh, and elm apparently has a buffer overflow in Message-ID header
> handling too. See
>
> http://www.linuxsecurity.com/advisories/redhat_advisory-1497.html

Read my post about the type of data that was in the Message-ID.  It
doesn't /look/ like an overflow --- I did not recognize the data as
executable code `as is', nor once it was decoded.  Thus, I do not
believe that it is a particular attempt at causing a buffer overflow
in a MTA or MUA.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar at celabo.org>          http://www.celabo.org/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos