Documentation people needed. FreeBSD/Security clue beneficial.

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Sat Mar 29 11:11:33 PST 2003

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 11:10:56AM -0400, Chris Bowlby wrote:
>  I am willing to donate my time and the site for this purpose, all I
> really need is a few specs on what types of interfaces you'd like to use to
> edit/add/archive content via the browser. I don't mean generic login pages,
> etc but the exact layout of the articles, advisories and such... Once I
> have that I can go ape guns on getting the programming done while the
> team(s) are formed...
Perhaps it would be an idea to become familiar with the docproj package
and the format they use for their documentation if you haven't done
so already.

I had a quick read through the requirements for documentation submitted to
freebsd.org doc team a while ago (after installing /usr/ports/textproc/docproj/)
and as I remember they have a selection of SGML templates that they use to
build their books.  It might save a lot of time later if you could have all
documents on your server in SGML so you can later mark them up how you want,
depending on the media used.

What do you plan on developing the user interface in by the way?

Who would comprise the core security doc team?  I suppose this is a question
for Jacques Vidrine as security officer(?).

Jez