Multiple Firewalls with ipfilter?

Michael Richards michael at fastmail.ca
Wed Mar 26 23:35:01 PST 2003

The problem here is really 2 pronged:
1) I need some means of realising that the firewall just died and
transparently switching over to the backup or load balancing the two
so if one dies the other takes up the slack.

2) I need a means of syncing the state info so existing connections
won't be torn down if they end up going through the other firewall.

Sounds like a solution people would normally pay an obscene amount of
money for but I'd be surprised if there isn't a way to do this. Maybe
something with routing could do the balancing...

-Michael