what actually uses xdr_mem.c?

Uros Juvan uros.juvan at arnes.si
Wed Mar 26 13:47:12 PST 2003

Idea is cool, but it just won't work on staticaly linked files, you can
test this with:

# readelf -a /bin/ls

for example :(

I don't think there is 100% way of telling whether staticaly linked file
is linked against vulnerable xdr_mem.o, especially because obviously
rcsid string is undefined in source file.
Exept of course searching for machine bytes composing vulnerable code :)

Regards,
Uros Juvan